Did you know that United Site Services’ portable restrooms reduce fresh water usage by approximately 13 million gallons per day? At United Site Services, sustainability and caring for our environment is something we strive for each day. We use formaldehyde-free deodorizers, aerosol free hand pumps and Energy Star equipment in all our daily business practices.
Portable Sanitation is Eco-Friendly
USS is dedicated to helping the environment and making the Earth a healthier, safer place to live.
Whether we’re using eco-friendly materials in the construction and servicing of our portable sanitation units, saving petroleum by participating in the national Clean Fleets program, or conserving countless gallons of water at a site we serve—we are at the forefront of protecting the environment in a socially-responsible way. That’s a commitment we’ve made to our children, ourselves and our world.
Good for the Planet – Good for Humans, Too
With our portable sanitation solutions, USS brings environmental benefits to construction sites, public and private events, agricultural sites, emergency locations and every other place where permanent sanitation facilities aren’t feasible or necessary. Specifically, when you rely on USS, you can:
● Save enormous amounts of water. Portable toilets eliminate or minimize water usage. In fact, it’s been estimated that portable restrooms save 125,000,000 gallons of water per day on a worldwide basis.
● Improve the health of your on-site workers or attendees. Many digestive illnesses and sick days occur when proper portable sanitation (including hand-washing) is not available. Much of the estimated $260 billion in global costs from inadequate sanitation are due to the impact on people’s health.
● Preserve a cleaner outdoors. When people use an enclosed porta potty, there’s less chance that human activity will affect the streams and outdoor drains that humans, animals and plants depend upon.
● Reduce the need to install unnecessary facilities. Since portable toilets can be moved from site to site, you don’t have to build facilities in locations where projects are temporary—saving time, money and natural resources.
For USS, “Going Green” Means Going the Extra Mile
At United Site Services, being friendly to the environment comes “naturally” to us. When we provide you with a porta potty rental, you can rest assured that we:
● Provide you with a unit made of plastic and metal parts that are generally recyclable at the end of the unit’s life
● Use paper products made from recycled paper in order to conserve natural resources
● Use environmentally-friendly chemicals, detergents and deodorizers to service our portable sanitation units
● Do NOT use formaldehyde as a deodorizer, because even though it’s used by many other providers of portable toilets, it has proven to be harmful to the environment
● Offer you solar lighting on select portable sanitation units—perfect for night jobs or events, and a good way to reduce the use of electricity
In addition, our technical team is always looking for new and better ways to help the Earth, so expect us to make additional environmental improvements to our portable sanitation products and services in the years ahead.
Our Fleet of Vehicles is Using Less Fuel
Our fleet of service and delivery vehicles travels many miles within the U.S. every year. But even though it’s a big fleet, we’re determined to keep our environmental footprint as small as possible. That’s why United Site Services is a proud participant in the National Clean Fleets Partnership, a public-private initiative in which we work hand in hand with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities program.
By being part of the National Clean Fleets Partnership, we:
● Use carefully aggregated routes for our vehicles that help reduce redundancy and waste
● Significantly cut fuel consumption and emissions, so we have less impact on the environment and enjoy substantial savings we’re able to pass along to our customers
● Use alternative fuels that provide additional environmental and economic benefits
● Partner with nearly 100 Clean Cities coalitions with nearly 18,000 stakeholders
● Affirm to our customers, employees and management that we’re part of the solution when it comes to caring for the environment in the local communities we serve